|August 14, 2021
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Love to innovate? This is an exciting opportunity to join a technology startup in a high-growth phase. We’re looking for an experienced, versatile, and highly motivated Support Engineer to join our team. Our Customer Experience team is tasked with ensuring the success of our customers from the first point of contact and developing trusted advisor relationships. This role will be focused on our US Customer coverage, with a preference for candidates in eastern and central timezones.
Our Support Engineers are responsible for working collaboratively and individually to solve customer issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and complex environment. Directly responsible for providing timely responses to customers and supporting all of Grafana Labs new and existing software. We’re looking for candidates with a strong technical support background who can hit the ground running to learn our products and environment in detail at the same time as helping us to build and grow our support environment.
- You will triage customer issues, going headfirst into challenges taking ownership of the ticket, and working to manage the entire lifecycle through to resolution
- Provide accurate and efficient support to our customers by researching and identifying solutions, working collaboratively with our internal teams when required
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way via phone, video meetings, email, ticketing, and chat
- Identify customer needs and assist customers to use specific features
- Analyze, reproduce and report product malfunctions
- Update internal databases with information about technical issues and contribute to knowledge databases
- Submit and comment on GitHub issues
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionality
- Gather and share customer feedback with our Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Provide training to new and existing team members and help with the onboarding process for new customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation and provide 24/7 emergency customer communication
What you'll bring to the team:
- Willingness to learn and aptitude to master our products and become a trusted advisor to our customers
- You will be comfortable engaging with a range of customers from lone wolfs to Fortune 500 clients and you will love putting the customer first in all of your actions
Background knowledge of any of the following fields would be beneficial:
- Observability, devops, logs, metrics, tracing, kubernetes and general enterprise open source technology
- You must be comfortable in the troubleshooting process, debugging etc.
- You will be required to work with multiple Engineering teams but should be able to do more than just triage and escallate. We’re looking for people who can go all the way to root-cause analysis as they become more familiar with the products/technologies.
- Solid experience with CRM software, help desk software and remote support tools
- Experience delivering client-focussed solutions to customer needs
- Excellent listening, problem solving and communication skills
- You will be patient, friendly and practice empathy in all of your interactions to deliver first class customer service
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) with a 4% employer contribution match
- 30 days vacation in addition to Public Holidays
- Stipend for work-station build
- Remote first working culture
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.