|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
We are looking to hire an Editor to join our editorial desk. The candidate should have a good understanding and knowledge of editorial activities, but not limited to editing, reviewing and content development. The goal is to provide their professional expertise, insights and support to TC Print (Tina Education) in the development, approval and publication of content, books and other printable and non-printable content.
Core Role: To lead the design, development and production of print materials.
• Coordinate design and publishing activities
• Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
• Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience's preferences
• Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
• Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
• Recruit and manage writers and reporters
• Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
• Work with marketing team to promote the book by submitting content for both print and online announcements.
• Proven working experience as an Editor
• Strong writing / editing / proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
• Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
• Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
• Excellent written skills in English
• An eye for detail along with critical thinking
• Prioritizing and multitasking
Interested candidates should submit a;
• Letter of motivation
• A CV with two references
• Photocopy of National ID
• Supporting documents