|Location||The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Cameroon|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) calls for internal applications for to the recruitment of a dynamic and experienced Soil Laboratory Assistant to support the soil laboratory activities in Cameroon.
The Position: The Laboratory Assistant will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon and reports to the soil laboratory manager in Cameroon. The Lab Assistant is to assist in various activities in the analytical services laboratory.
- Preparation of samples for analysis – drying, crushing, sieving, fine grinding, bagging and numbering;
- Determination of soil pH and exchangeable acidity;
- Digestion of soil and plant samples for total N and P, and addition of other reagents for color development;
- Digestion of soil and plant samples for total element analysis on the ICP or AAS;
- Hot water extraction of soil samples for Boron analysis;
- Record data into ledger during analysis on the Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer;
- Scan samples on the Infrared Spectrometer;
- Data entry;
- General housekeeping of the laboratory;
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Education minimum (GCE Ordinary level or BEPC);
- At least three (03) years working as an analytical laboratory assistant;
- Knowledge of computer research and analysis programs;
- Strong attention to detail abilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good analytical abilities;
- Experience working with lab equipment;
- Mathematic and measurement skills;
- Good team skills;
- Ability to keep detailed records;
- The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French.
What are the conditions?
The position is open to Cameroon Citizen only.
Equity in employment
IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
Application folder: The application folder shall include the following documents:
- a letter of application including the full names of the candidate, his full address, phone number and email address;
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- a copy of academic certificate
- a list of three referees including their contacts (one of them must be a current or former supervisor of the candidate)
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/hoejNEnypi5gcFZ56
Applications should be addressed by email, as an attachment, to Soil Laboratory Assistant by June 13th, 2021 addressed to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 699319747
Application for the position of: Soil Laboratory Assistant
Selection Modality: The selection will be done in 02 (two) steps:
- shortlist through file analysis
- oral interview (On-line)
Only applications received in French or English will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted