|Date Posted||November 19, 2021|
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS). Applicants must be nationals of, and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
Duties And Qualifications
Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer assists in the management and oversight of UNHCR's registration procedures as well as related activities in the Operation. The Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer is normally supervised by the Registration Officer. The Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer assists with the implementation of an operation-specific registration strategy, to ensure that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
The Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer provides day-to-day support to UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities (including Reception, Filing and Data Management staff), and monitors the efficiency and quality of registration processes, identity and entitlement documentation activities and population data management.
The Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer collaborates closely with Protection, Programme, Operational Data Management and Information Management colleagues as well as with Government authorities and partners on the provision of quality population data for the delivery of targeted protection or assistance interventions and programming and planning.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern in compliance with the protection strategy of the operation and ensuring that registration standards are met.
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of operation-specific SOPs for all aspects of registration in accordance with applicable standards and policies, including provisions for the protection of individual data and prevention and identification of fraud.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate procedures and systems for the assurance of quality registration data through continuous registration and verification exercises, including in the securing and distribution of identity and entitlement documents.
- Assist in conducting regular data quality checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected.
- Assist in the development of mass information campaigns to ensure that persons of concern have accurate information on registration procedures.
- Liaise with Government authorities and partners as necessary for delivery of assistance and other registration-related activities.
- In coordination with the operational data management staff, assist in the timely consolidation and drafting of statistics and registration data reports on persons of concern.
- Contribute to training and internal capacity building of UNHCR staff in registration, including on-the-job coaching and guidance.
- Enforce compliance by UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities with UNHCR standards and policies and operation specific SOPs for all aspects of the registration operation.
- In consultation with the supervisor, make decisions relating to the day-to-day operations of the registration unit and ensure registration procedures are efficient and effective.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA - 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Information Technology, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Excellent computer skills particularly in data management.
Prior experience in registration or individual case management, including use of UNHCR proGres software, in refugee and internal displacement situations.
Strong understanding of the principles of and concepts of international protection and UNHCR.
Training in registration, operational data management or information management desirable.
IT-IT Refugee Systems & Applications
PR-International protection concepts and principles
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Good knowledge of French and English
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).