|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Cameroon since 2017 to support Central African Refugees in the eastern part of the country (Adamawa) and in South-Region region for IDPs and host communities’ victims of the anglophone conflict. DRC Cameroon currently implements Protection, Food Security and Livelihood and Education in Emergency projects.
The DRC Cameroon is looking to recruit an experienced, highly-qualified and enthusiastic professional to ensure the technical supervision of all projects implemented in the Food Security and ECREC sector in Cameroon, as well as strategic development on these themes for the DRC mission. Under the responsability of the Head of Program and under technical supervision of the Regional ECREC (Economic Recovery) Coordinator, the ECREC Specialist is responsible for ensuring the strategic development of the ECREC sector based on the Nexus approach, particularly through the development of quality project proposals in coordination with other departments and actors present in DRC’s areas of intervention. He/she will be in charge of the quality of programming, including analysis of needs, development of appropriate tools and standard operating procedures, team training, technical supervision and quality control of implementation, and will also be able to provide technical support for the development of Cash Transfers (cash and vouchers) for all DRC programming in Cameroon.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks of the ECREC Specialist are the following:
Technical Management of the Food Security and Economic Recovery Department:
- Defines the strategy and positioning of the Food Security and Economic Recovery (ECREC) technical department;
- Ensures continuous analysis of the food security situation;
- Coordinates the identification of ECREC needs;
- Promotes the development and inclusion of innovative and relevant approaches for the country;
- Ensures technical coordination with the regional office.
Support and provide technical supervision of program implementation:
- Develops program monitoring tools;
- Provides technical support for project implementation;
- Ensures monitoring of quality and follow-up in the field to ensure that services provided to beneficiaries meet DRC standards;
- Ensures monitoring of the implementation of programs according to planned results and activities;
- Contributes to the development and review of activity reports, analysis of needs and contracts for the ECREC component;
- Promotes capitalization, technical development, and research within the department.
- Explores funding opportunities in collaboration with other partners;
- Works closely with the Program Manager to develop quality project proposals;
- Conducts regular evaluations to inform the development of projects that best meet needs.
Build technical capacity of ECREC teams:
- Provides direct technical supervision to ECREC Sector Project Managers and participates in setting objectives and evaluating the performance of ECREC Sector Project Managers/Team Leaders, from a technical perspective in collaboration with the Area Manager;
- Ensures training and capacity building of ECREC sector teams;
- Develops tools and standard procedures necessary for quality implementation of ECREC programs.
External coordination and representation:
- Shares and communicates on DRC projects with different partners;
- Ensures DRC’s active participation in national sectoral coordination, technical platforms and develop sectoral partnerships;
- Ensures the development of partnerships with national and international NGOs, government services and all other institutions in line with the country strategy.
As a Specialist at DRC, the individual will also be responsible for:
- Providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how on Food Security and Economic Recovery;
- Making decisions based on DRC policies and standards and advising other DRC sector experts on ECREC and Cash Transfers.
- Collaborating with and advising other sectors on interventions related to ECREC’s area of expertise and contributes to DRC’s overall strategy in Cameroon, including the development of multi-sectoral or integrated projects.
- Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agroeconomics, Economics, Political Science, International Development, or other degree relevant to the position
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Food Security and Economic Recovery in an international NGO
- Minimum 1 year of experience in team management
- Proven skills in project management and development and technical writing
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in project development
- Experience in volatile and insecure environments
- Experience partnering with national partners, authorities/government and UN agencies
- Fluency in French AND English
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with diverse staff
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment
- Previous experience in Cameroon or similar conflict context
Required Skills & Qualities
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality, and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request